Easter is simply across the nook. It’s a time of yr after we typically get along with household and pals, get pleasure from beautiful meals and have fun Spring and all she has to supply. However, let’s be trustworthy, who doesn’t additionally get egg-cited for all of the Easter themed confection, from bunnies to chicks and dragons (sure actually!).
Right here at MoneyMagpie we wish to be sure to have an egg-stra particular Easter so we’ve hunted out a few of the greatest offers obtainable to seek out out if they’re all they’re cracked as much as be. Learn on to seek out out what’s in our basket and what’s price shelling out for…
This yr Tesco has unveiled its largest chocolate egg vary ever. It contains over 48 restricted vary Easter eggs that may solely be discovered in-store or on-line. These egg-sclusive treats are along with almost 200 different Easter themed treats ranging from simply £1.
The Ambassadors Golden Easter Egg – presently on sale at £21.60
From the chocolate gurus at Bad Brownie, it is a actual deal with and extra of a dessert for sharing moderately than an “all of the chocolate you possibly can eat by yourself” problem. It’s a large golden hazelnut brownie within the form of an egg, impressed by Ferrero Rocher.
We don’t have a weight for this one but it surely’s strong and heavy and smells divine! (Unhealthy Brownie do letterbox deliveries, however given the form and measurement, this egg could be ordered for supply however gained’t match via the letterbox. Supply is free over £30).
Pierre Marcolini – small egg (70g) £12.90
That is one for the chocolate connoisseurs on the market. Pierre Marcolini eggs are actually moderately egg-ceptional however as you’d anticipate from a specialist chocolatier, you’ll pay a bit extra for these egg-stravagant treats.
These small eggs are topped with a lightweight, ethereal praline with puffed rice, enhanced with a pinch of Maldon sea salt. It’s a retro recipe obtainable in 3 variations: darkish, milk and white chocolate.
Our content material editor, Vicky, can’t go close to something containing dairy, so she at all times goes for the vegan possibility with regards to Easter eggs. In her opinion issues are actually wanting up for the non-dairy of us on the market. No extra yucky carab primarily based chocolate eggs, nowadays everybody can be part of within the feast.
These are Vicky’s high 3:
- Vicky’s go to for an Easter deal with is the M&S Plant Kitchen Hollowed Vegan Bunny – wrapped in foil and really creamy – a cut price at simply £2 (obtainable in retailer)
- HAPPi has created three plant-based Easter egg bars as a substitute for the standard heavily-packaged Easter eggs, in an effort to cut back waste this yr (one other factor near Vicky’s coronary heart).The brand new Easter Bars are available three scrumptious flavours; Plain Milk, Salted Honeycomb and White Raspberry. Available at Amazon – £6.99 for a 140g bar
- For an actual deal with, Vicky would go for a Cutter & Squidge Cookies & Cream Vegan Egg (£22.99). It has dairy-free caramel ganache filling and is actually filled with oreo cookies.
- The sensible of us at Wickedly Welsh have their greatest promoting egg – Bryn The Dragon Egg – £8.99. There’s a strong ‘heavy’ egg half through which Bryn – a stupendous child dragon, hand crafted from white chocolate and brushed with a lightweight golden shimmer, sits enclosed defending a ‘secret’ salted caramel truffle.
- M&S have carried out it once more with their Extremely Chocolately Hot Cross Bun Egg – £6 at Ocado. It’s maybe not for the purists on the market as not solely is it not an egg, it’s additionally spicy and candy and totally with jelly fruit items.
For pure worth and to maintain the youngsters pleased, we expect your greatest wager is both a Cadbury’s Dairy Milk Freddo or Mini Egg Easter egg. Each retail at £1.25 from all foremost supermarkets.
For the vegans we’re going with one other of Vicky’s favourites – Doisy & Dom’s vegan dark chocolate good eggs (so good we needed to examine there was no dairy!) for £2.50
You may’t go improper with a Lindt Bunny. Chomp off the ears and devour the remaining all for £2.75 at Sainsbury’s. For an added bunny bonus, this yr Lindt is operating a marketing campaign “Share the Hoppiness”. For those who get a golden ticket inside the packing of 100g bunny you’ll have the possibility to win one in every of ten £5000 prizes! What an egg-scellent deal with that’s!
Tell us what your favorite is within the feedback under!